Dynamic Product Ads (DPAs) are potent, often misunderstood and almost always underutilized. Fortunately the fix is actually pretty easy.
What do DPAs have to do with Candid?
Candid is all about helping brands get better content and do more with it, this has always been our core focus.
Simply put, community powered DPAs are ads that don't suck. They enable personalized Facebook and Instagram ads without manual work. Instead of the same old "product on white background" image chasing your audience around the web, UGC-backed ads update regularly, with almost no maintenance, to amplify your best community content to draw in new visitors.
This is a distinct advantage that brands have over Amazon, yet few are leveraging it in 2017.
This subtle step of "activating" earned content can produce dramatic changes in your ROAS. Personalized ads alone can contribute to a ROAS of 16-25X but when you combine them with UGC that generates 6.9x higher engagement than brand generated content on Facebook, you have a potent combination that's impossible to resist.
Best of all, thesee ads are not limited to retargetting scenarios. Facebook will actually consider the categories and serve your ad to other in-market audiences as well, deliverying true scale even if your on-site engagement numbers are low.
In this post, we'll cover how this crown jewel of the Facebook ad engine is actually available to virtually anyone who can read through the integration guides to activate it. You just have to setup dynamic ads once, then let them work for you.
Activate UGC-DPA Feed on Candid (E-commerce Brands)
- [Let's assume you already have a product feed connected to Candid and content moderated already — baseline for our customers]
- Copy your collection's DPA URL from your dashboard
- Create a new catalog in Business Manager
- Follow the standard activation instructions for post-purchase, abandoned cart and product view scenarios
Activate UGC-DPA Feed on Candid (Travel Brands)
- Ensure that you have a feed that confirms to Facebooks travel spec and has all of the required fields for either Flights or Hotels
- Send a URL to that feed to firstname.lastname@example.org to connect it to your collection.
- Moderate your collection
- Follow steps 1-3 above (E-commerce Brands)
If you're already active with a UGC platform and have moderated, rights-approved content ready to go, you should urgently look at amplification through DPAs. It's a turnkey opportunity that will automate much of what's happening manually today.
If you liked this post and are serious about community inspired commerce, be sure to check out Driving Sales Using Dynamic UGC for Email.